Friday, May 23, 2008

Niagara Falls

I must admit that when I reached Niagara Falls, I was disappointed. I was expecting the falls to be HUGE - like falling from the Sears Tower or something. But the falls were not higher than perhaps a 10-12 storey building. To make things worse, the American Falls are not very pretty at all. To be honest they are just like any other waterfall, all you see is water falling from a height. From a distance we could see the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side - beautiful, magnificient, falling so gracefully and creating a mystifying mist. Standing there, I suddenly wanted to go to the other side. Visa restrictions (for a brief period of time, that is)do not permit me to travel outside the country. That is why we had to come to NY.

The next day we came back to the falls again - to take the "Mist of the Maid"...

..and that made my day.

The boat actually takes you to the Horseshoe Falls, and when you reach there, you get to see how gigantic those falls are. When the boat approaches the base of the falls, you just want the boat to stop there so that you could just keep looking at the falls and admire its beauty. That is the time when the falls leave you totally spellbound.Strong winds, water and noise from the falls, and the mist all add to the magic that make you smile, scream, and enjoy the moment that you would perhaps remember your entire lifetime.

Those who plan to go the falls, please take the boat ride. It's only $12.50 per person, and honestly, your trip would be incomplete without it.

2 comments:

Heart'n'Soul said...

I thought MBA was i stats.... this looks like Marketing...LOL

Achha hai...lage raho

Anonymous said...

Niagara and Disney Land were the places I badly badly wanted to visit while I was there....:(((((

Just did not happen.

Well hope you get to visit Canada some time soon and enjoy the falls from there....inshaa allahhh!!!
james