Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig..

Summer has not even approached and tragedy has struck already. 

Trent Reznor had announced last year that his 2009 tour would perhaps be the last tour ever, and after that tour NIN would retire. So I had decided that I would see them for sure this year, come what may. But then things can never be easy in my life, right? 

My folks would be with me when NIN comes to Chicago to perform, and I don't think a good son would leave his parents alone and drive 400 miles to watch a concert (I have saved that idea for the Coldplay concert though, since it's only in Des Moines and I would be back the same night!). So I checked their tour dates again and found out that they are performing in Tampa on May 9th. I said swell, and almost made plans of going there to see NIN. But that very night a friend of mine called me and invited me to his graduation ceremony at Illinois State, which, as luck would have it, is on May 9th. 

I just couldn't say no.

A tear dropped from my left eye as I thought about how I would never be able to see NIN ever in my life again.

Okay, a tear did not drop, but I was a little sad. NIN does not and perhaps never will come to India to perform. I had a chance to see them, and lost it. But it's okay. It's really not a big deal. I will have fun at the graduation ceremony anyway. It's so much fun to watch the ceremony, especially when you don't have to work at the venue from 7:00AM to 4:00PM 3 times a year, like I did :-(. 

Boy, how I hated those saturdays!

I hope Trent Reznor changes his retirement plans.

No comments: