Tuesday, January 03, 2006

People

I think a lot these days.
I have been noticing people. And they make me wonder. Why do they stoop so low to get what they want? Living alone has given me the calibre to come up with an answer to that question. Not that I have found an answer. I am only trying to - and I am pretty sure that I will not get an answer.
They are everywhere. The roaches. The assholes. Scared. Insecure. They will stab you, trip you, hurt you, even kill you. They want what they desire. By hook or by crook. They will mislead you, give you wrong information, pretend that they are smart.They will portray themselves as God - someone who will solve all your problems . But when you know them, that is, when you interact with them you realize that they are all hollow. These kind of people give perfect answers to other people's questions, but when they face the same question you see them running away by coming up with some kind of excuses to dodge the very question.
They are very unethical at times. And as I said before, they will do just about anything to get what they want.
I pity them. I sometimes feel bad for them. But I also feel that one has to be very very cautious while dealing with such people. They can hurt you.
But I am determined. I will stick to ethics , always, come what may. I don't want to cheat myself. I don't want my conscience to keep pestering me - constantly reminding me of my bad deeds. I will be ethical - always. This is a lesson I have learned from such people.
Short Run and Long Run - This is what Economics is all about. And I see a connection here. All the assholes make it to the top in the short run, but in the long run they fail.Miserably. God is watching all of us. Don't mess with him. When he punishes us, we become nonexistent. He can turn us upside-down, inside-out.
The other thing I am determined to do is Believe in God.Always. He makes us go through bad times often, but that is just to make us all the more stronger - Mentally and sentimentally. Believe in God.He can turn the tables. He can do what nobody else can.

10 comments:

GaSaG said...

What to say about that coz there are tomes to say! It's just that people cross same bridges but at different times. You have reached one which many have crossed and many are yet to reach and people are crossing the ones which you might have crossed at some point or will cross!! Dude that's something open-ended but it's His presence in you that has enlightened you and which stands atop everything!! Cheers !!

Victim Of Desire said...

beta sochna kam karde..problems bhi kam ho jayegi...;-). Be a smart bay, robert.hehe

Unknown said...

beta victimofdesire...rajnikant ki bhasha mein..."tera maa ka aankh"..

Unknown said...

Hey Mikel, Thanks a lot for your word of wisdom!

Mridula said...

3 days into new year and this was what you wrote! I hope things are more peaceful now.

Unknown said...

ha ha ha...you know how it is Mridula, you start thinking about all kinds of things when you have absolutely nothing constructive to do in life!

My classes have started now and hopefully I will utilize my brain for something better!

The Random Guy said...

Man, you made me cry ;)

maYank said...

Hmmm... so this was what loorie was telling me. Ethics n all.... Hmmmm... "farrey andar... military style cheating band karo... kohniya chhill jaayengee... sheets exchange karna paap hai..."!!!!

:))

Unknown said...

Mayank, ask loorie about the "military style cheating" story. He can give you the best description, primarily because he was a part of it! And you know how it is with him..usual mirch masala and all..you will not stop laughing!! Even I can't...even today:D!!!

Jyoti Arora said...

That was amazing...God is watching all of us..
And this concept of economics is cool man..!! Long run and short run...reminds me of the time i was eco hons...hehe:)

Really a beautiful post...keep posting...