Sunday, September 07, 2008

Thank You Mom and Dad!

I have always valued what my parents have taught me over the years. They have always given importance to morality, ethics, honesty, and level headedness. They have always told me not to let success get into my head, always to respect people, never to shout at someone - however annoyed I may be, and to always keep my cool.

I know for a fact that they are absolutely right. My dad used to run his own business, but he could never get rich because he could never lie, he could never cheat, and he could never be dishonest. My mom always supported him. As a kid I always thought that money was everything, but now I know that it really is not. If you don't have peace of mind then you are basically screwed to the power of n.

When we grew up my mom preached us constantly. She always reminded me that we should conform to humanity and that we should respect others. She still tells me that shouting at someone is never a solution to anything, but dealing with the problem in a cool and composed way can automatically solve so many problems so easily.

There is something wrong with my cable box - the TV guide does not download properly. I have called my cable company three times, and while calling them today I almost wanted to shout at them , but I did not. Whenever I am in a shitty situation or I am pissed with someone, I remember what my parents have taught me - and I automatically calm down.

It's nice to be nice to someone.

I am proud of what my parents are, and what they have taught my sister and I. I promise to stick to their principles - come what may.

1 comment:

Heart'n'Soul said...

arrrrrree wah wah wah

aap to acche bache ho!!!!

:P