Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do I Need Change?

So I just realized that it is way easier to parallel park when you are drunk.

I just got back from my friend's house. She had made Diwali dinner for a bunch of people. I was in a group in which just about everybody was atleast a Ph.D - very intimidating. For the first time I realized that just having a masters is not enough. And anyway, I have always believed that people who do their PhDs are just great. They deserve to be on a different planet - with their own kind of people. They could/should leave this small world for us mortal people. Well, I think I will never discuss this story again.

But a discussion about marriage with my friend and her husband over a few rum + cokes kind of left a deep impact in my brain.

My friend said that as human beings we constantly seek change. We cannot just keep doing something that we have been doing forever. I thought she was right because I think I am at that stage where I would enjoy somebody's company. I am not referring to a potential girlfriend or wife, but perhaps a social circle which would keep me busy and entertained. People usually ask me about my marriage plans and I tell them that I would probably wait for another two years. I know for a fact that all the pretty girls have been married, but I think at this age, I should look at how beautiful a woman is from the inside. Beauty, after all, is only skin deep.

No, sorry, that's bull crap. I would still want a pretty girl when I decide to get married.

Anyway, I came back home and decided to blog. I started writing my post but stopped in the middle because my head was spinning really bad, and I wanted to sleep. It was three in the morning afterall.

I got up this morning, totally hungover, and suddenly last night's discussion popped into my mind from somewhere.

I laughed out loud. And I am still laughing.

3 comments:

Heart'n'Soul said...

aila - kya din aagaye hain aapke... tsk tsk--- shaadi? LOL

on a serious note - sooner or later, we all need to have some company and unfortunately we r so manufatured by nature in such a way tht the only long term and reliable company we can get is in a life partner.... sooner or later!!!

achha isiliye itna shaadi pe bhaashan de rahe the!!! hmmmmmmm

Manoj said...

Abe o .. daaru pi ke gaadi chala raha hai saale, dont do it man, seriously .. not worth it. I hope you keep that in mind next time. (dont mean to be preachy)

Unknown said...

he he..theek hai bhai.:D