Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Love Her..I Love Her Not

Yesterday was perhaps the first saturday when I sat at home the entire day (well, I did go out to get myself a Subway sandwich). Since I had to kill time somehow, I decided to watch movies, and ended up watching four.

And then I fell in love.

Some of you may not know but I have a thing for girls with short hair - I find them cute. I go absolutely crazy when I see a girl like that. My brain goes for a holiday, and my heart starts to smile. The damage is doubled if the girl has a very very cute smile...just like Amelie.

Watching Amelie was deja vu all over again. I was in a similar situation 10 years ago - when I had fallen in love with Meg Ryan. Internet in those days was a new and expensive concept, and every month I ran up my telephone bill high, downloading pictures of Meg Ryan. My dad always got mad, but then I was pretty sure that I would have gotten slapped if I had told my dad how much I loved Meg.

So well, the same thing happened last night. I totally fell in love with Amelie, and throughout the movie I could not help wondering how cute she was, and that what would I have to do to get a girl like her. I kind of swallowed my pride for a moment and decided to hunt for a girl like her. Life can be a blessing if spent with a girl like Amelie, I thought. Her presence would bring a smile to my face, I thought. Spending the rest of my life with such a pretty yet sensible girl would make my existence worthwhile, I thought.


The movie ended,...
..and I finished my third beer and slept.

I got up this morning at 11:30, and smiled. The effect of last night's beer had totally vanished from my body, and here I was wondering if I could have gotten up at 11:30 if I were married. The answer was clearly no. I thanked God for my singlehood, made myself a cup of tea, and spent of the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing.

2 comments:

Heart'n'Soul said...

arrre apka soya hua blogger jaag gaya....do do post itne jaldi..lol

Ans wts with the singlehood n bear...is it like a trademark or wt.

Shrt hair...ahaann...nice nice...chalo u atleast clear bout one thng u want in a giel :p

This ones cweet ya...me too finally wrote a shrt blog cuz i din have TIME...hiaaaaaahahahaha

Enjoy!!!

Solitaire said...

MISTER!

Why can you not wake up at 11:30 if you were married. MOST MY MARRIED FRIENDS wake up at noon!!!

Read my recent post on Psychobabble (2 posts ago) titled "Those MARRIED Folks"!