Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some Music News..

Apparently Darius Rucker is a country singer now. When he released his album a few months ago I had thought that he would flop. But no. He is a huge hit, with a #1 country single under his belt. WTF.

Rucker is a great musician, and I just feel that he is wasting his time being a country singer. He is cut out for something totally different. I just wish Hootie and the Blowfish were still alive. I hate to see Rucker in a white shirt and blue jeans, playing the guitar and singing about love, relationships and whiskey.

And also, Marcy Playground is turning country too. Oh goodness, seriously? There goes all the sex and candy down the drain.

Rolling Stone's top 50 albums for this year has all kinds of shit, but not R.E.M. Spin, however, has a different opinion, and has given Accelerate a place in the top 40 (Kings of Leon made the RS list, which is good). Rolling Stone also has a list of Top 50 re-releases. It goes without saying that U2's Boy made the list, but Murmur was nowhere to be seen. I wonder why Rolling Stone would give the re-released Murmur a 5/5 and not include it in the Top 50. Assholes.

Finally, enjoy this funny "Carmensita" video by Devendra Banhart. Natalie Portman is oh so pretty!! And she dances really well in this video too. Check out her expressions and all.




I feel so good after writing this post. I feel that the enthusiasm I used to have in the 90s (in terms of following music) is back in me. I think if I had access to the Internet when I was a teenager I would have kicked total ass.

2 comments:

Heart'n'Soul said...

Kicked Ass????
Ummmm ... i thought u r pertty much kisck ass even now!!!!

Ok... galti se mishtake ho gaya!

Harshey said...

well, we are a rare breed..hehehe.I won't call myself a Wes Anderson fan as such. In that regard, I'm a Michael Mann and Tim Burton fan. But R.E.M., YEAH!!