Saturday, February 23, 2008

Yay!!

I don't know if you know this already, but my Philips MCM530 music system has the ability to connect to my computer. I was able to connect it to my laptop just fine when I first bought it, but after a few months I started having problems with it. My music system would not connect to my laptop anymore.

However, things changed just a few minutes ago. I downloaded the software/drivers and decided to give it a shot once again, and voila! it worked - without any glitch whatsoever!

When the "USB" LED on the system stayed steady, I was thrilled (when there is a problem, it would either not light up at all or would blink).


The USB port on my computer seems to be working just fine.


After successfully establishing a connection, this is what I saw/see now on the little screen on my music system:

And I call this the "power house". It lets me control all the songs playing on my computer. I can play/pause/stop/rewind/forward and change tracks on my computer without having to touch the keyboard! With this in my hand, I can control my playlist even when I am in bed :):


By the way, I can also connect my MP3 player to the music system through the AUX ports at the back (just FYI!!).

And finally, this is what the entire setup looks like:



Crazy, innit?? :)

Here's a demo:



2 comments:

Kunal said...

What software do you need to be playing the songs in the Comp? WiMP?

Unknown said...

You can use any software - I have tried WiMP,Winamp and MMJB.

I did however install another Philips's software called Sound Agent 2 which basically establishes connectivity between my comp and audio player.