Friday, March 07, 2008

Colours Run

For some reason I have not been able to grasp the music that's prevelent these days. I think the bands that used to make music for the sake of music and not for making big bucks do not exist anymore. Today's music is very glamorized and commercialized. I really cannot focus on the music made in this decade.

But call it serendipity or whatever, around 6-8 months ago I found this band called Colours Run on last.fm that simply swept me off my feet! Yes, I fell in love with them instantly. Colours Run is from Manchester, England, and their music is very very nice, very different, and very British. They sound a lot like Coldplay, and their songs bring happiness to my soul. I was listening to one of their songs today and decided to tell the world about it :).

They have recently released their EP called The Sticks EP. It's available on iTunes and on CD baby, and it's for 10 bucks.

My favorite Colours Run song: "Beautiful Waste of Time".

Note: I am stuck in the 90s and I am proud of it.

No comments: