Friday, April 18, 2008

All I Want Is....

I was talking to this friend of mine about how I have failed miserably - as a boyfriend. I have had quite a few encounters, however something somewhere goes terribly wrong. Consistency is absent, and commitment - it always flies out of the window. My friend also agreed that it has been like that with her too. Things go wrong when she thought everything was just fine.

So we were discussing our relationships gone sour when another friend of mine emails me about her wedding in July. Her fiance and she have made a website, which has stories of how they met, their personalities, pictures of them together and what not. And of course, Barry Louis Polisar's All I Want Is You played in the background, which reminded me of Juno. Also, the song is so beautiful that it makes you feel like eloping with your (in my case non-existent) girlfriend as soon as possible.

How ironic.

But of course, singlehood is bliss too. It has it's own advantages, and honestly, I am having a ball of a time. Over the years I have realized that the flaws are in me. I am to be blamed. And that I am not fit for a relationship that demands committment.

I will not ruin somebody else's life.

4 comments:

Medhavi said...

Naaa.. thts not tru.. u dont ruin someone's life if u cnt commit... i guess if we feel complete with our ownself, we can dare to complete relationships around... :)

Unknown said...

Medhavi: Hell well, ask all them girls i dated, I am sure they despise me to the poewr of n. :D

Heart'n'Soul said...

Great Post venki
Totally identify, but don agree with the committment stuff... its bout findin the one and acceptin each other for who you are....ppl of our generation r runnin out of tolerance to do so and thn its blamed on committment phobia..

Unknown said...

Divkiran: All I can say is I don't let my heart do the thinking :).